What I know about the topic: I know that AR is a way to see the world electronically and can be used in a variety of ways and in a variety of stuff like smartphones and Head mounts.
Questions:
How does it work?
About when will it be released to the general public?
What are some prototypes?
Which companies are developing it?
Links:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/augmented-reality.htm
http://www.pcworld.com/article/250453/google_augmented_reality_glasses_expected_by_years_end.html
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/895276-project-glass-augmented-reality-google-goggles-to-replace-phones
Things I learned:
Google sent out a prototype for 1500 dollars to developers
Most of them are head ware(the future ones) like the google glasses
It will be released in early 2014 or late 2013 with a price of 200 to 600 dollars.\
Uses motion sensors, lasers and infrared
Will have 3g and 4g technology
You are able to see the world but with everything you need like the terminator glasses.
It connects to my life in many ways because I am from a generation in which technology is very important. I never thought the glasses would be in such a near future, it was something only seen in movies like terminator. To live I need technology and this will be a great advancement because it will finally unite with the real world in a really useful interactive way that will make things much easier for everyone. We live from luxuries and this will be an affordable one that will beat many and leave many people addicted like me to my blackberry or computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment