Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Google 20% PART 2

After looking at a failed attempt to create an online multiplayer game, Andres and I have decide to change to a similar but less massive thing to do which is creating a minecraft plugin using java language.

3 goals:
Find a platform to begin doing the plugin
Start learning how to use that platform
Decide what the plugin will do and learn the essentials to do it

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/32-java/417858-how-make-minecraft-plugin.html
http://eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/totalbeginner.html
http://eclipse.c3sl.ufpr.br/technology/epp/downloads/release/juno/SR1/eclipse-jee-juno-SR1-win32.zip

The first site was searched on google, which sent me to the next where I started downloading a program called eclipse. The program is 221 mb but it is taking too long to download.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsetutorial/files/1.%20Total%20Beginners/Version%201.0/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZI5wEmhLQ
www.eclipse.org

The first link is a great explanation of how to use eclipse part by part but i think when I get home I am going to use the youtube tutorial and do it on my mac because this is taking too long to download and make my own plugin.

After checking several kinds of plugins like making a vending machine, a teleporter or a cell phone we decided to start with something simpler, which is a flashlight. Even though it will be a very simple plugin it will require a lot of time to of because of the coding. The idea is to create different kind of blocks that do not exist to make the game funner. But for that to happen we need to know how to change things like the block brightness to its strength and to what it can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment