Tuesday, 2 April 2013

The Wallets of the Future

What I know:

E-banking and electronic wallets are something that haven't been around for a very long time. I know that since they started, it has been increasing a great deal because it is much more simpler than the traditional way and banks are promoting them so that they stay on the lead and not fall back. I also know that it has greatly increased because of online shopping and because it is easier to make transfers in a way that is not physical but instead digitally.

 Questions:
When did electronic wallets start?
Who or what created it?
What are some advantages this gives?
What are some ways you can use it?

Information links:

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/digital-wallet
http://www.proximitysky.com.au/electronic-wallet.html

Information:

    1. It is universally used so there is no need to change cards.
    2.You don't need many cards and adresses and papers because all the information is there in an organized and secure way.
     3.It is relatively new so it is not perfect yet.
     4.Most of the information is built in so you don't have to make a big effort to make them run.
     5.They are harder to steal and duplicate than traditional cards because of the encrypting it has.
     6.You can use it in almost anything like a smartphone or computer.
     7.Sometimes they are incompatible with the technology needed for some transactions because like it is relatively new, it is not adaptable to all forms of technology so it still needs further development.

This relates to my live because I was born in the time where technological stuff where just beginning to develop in a more advance way. It also relates to my life because technology is now a part of my everyday life and when I am older, I will possibly use electronic wallets to make my transactions more than normal cards. This is because when it is more advanced it will become very popular just like it did with reading newspapers online and not in the old and traditional way.

Questions I still have:

How much time will it take for it to be fully developed?
How many people will switch from traditional credit cards to electronic wallets?

No comments:

Post a Comment